Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crazy Taxi Rides

You are lucky I am writing this blog and not in hospital from a taxi accident! Hahaha...just kidding. But I am NOT exaggerating. Seriously.

Last night Num, Matt, and I (along with Matt's friends Joanne and Tim) went to church, and we were going to be late, but the taxi driver must've sensed it and drove 130km/h down the freeway swerving in and out of the other cars (who were going about 100km/h)...and he drove 80-100km/h through the streets! Seriously, I was so scared I was praying. And I wasn't the only one praying! I counted about 5 times where we were extremely lucky NOT to crash - including times where we went out off the road (out of the lanes) and sped past 80km/h drivers ON THEIR LEFT at exits which they could've easily turned into!! YES...anyway. Might I mention that there are no seatbelts in these taxis...and I was one of the two people squashed into the front passenger seat!

BUT...We DID make it to church safely. And on time, when we were gonna be 20mins late!

But on the way home (must be my luck!) Num and I managed to get another crazy taxi which pulled out in front of a TRUCK...and I really held my breath this time as I heard the truck blow it's horn and stop not even 30cms away from where I was sitting in the taxi!! Oh my goodness...you don't wanna know how many times we almost crashed last night!

Anyway, there's my story of (not one but TWO) crazy taxi rides - who needs the playstation game "Crazy Taxi" when you live in Thailand?!...hahaha!

No comments: