Sunday, October 19, 2008

Romanced by the CREATOR

For all their lives, girls dream of being romanced. We dream of finding our Prince Charming who will come and pick us up - rescue us from all our troubles and take us on a journey full of romance, away from troubles and pain. We dream of someone handsome and thoughtful, sensitive and loving, appreciative, safe, strong and with real "gentleman" qualities.

I have been looking for the Prince Charming, the "perfect" man to come and pick me up and take me away, but when the reality hit me that there is NO perfect man and they all have their flaws (just like us women!) I was discouraged. I feel like I was made for romance. Alot of girls do. They feel like they are made for romance...but we are never satisfied enough, because the perfect guy is NOT out there. So we become confused and unsatisfied. We are looking to the men in our life to romance us, but it doesn't always happen quite like we expected it.

Last night I had a revelation to this concept.

I realised that the perfect guy IS out there. And He has already romanced you. He has already romanced me! All the romance I have ever longed for, I HAVE! Yep - I think you can guess who it is...not your boyfriend, fiancee or husband...but your Creator. The Creator of ROMANCE! Just read Song of Songs, the most romantic book of the Bible, to see how God wrote romance into our lives. BUT - read Song of Songs with the view of God talking to YOU. This is what God asked me to do last night, and I realised that I was being romanced by the Creator of the Universe.

Also Ezekiel 16:6-14 shows us how God has taken us out of the "miry clay" and given us life, love, and everything else we've ever wanted. Of course it goes on to say what we do to Him in return and the chapter gets worse and worse after verse 14, but if you read the whole way through, it is a story of God rescuing His people (us), declaring His marriage vows, and then us going to commit adultery. God gets angry and jealous, threatening to take everything away from us so that we can come back to realise what's important again, and have LIFE again, and then He promises to fully restore us.

So - all you girls out there who have always longed to be romanced: rejoice, because you have already been romanced. And you can be romanced again and again. God isn't just your friend, ruler, Father, Spirit, Son of the Father, and Shepherd...but He is your lover too.

Here is a pic (taken from a few pics I got off the internet) and I added some bible verses to them (Ez 16:14 and Song of Songs 4:1) and just a glimpse (a few words) of a song I wrote after my revelation...so be ENCOURAGED!!!


No comments: